Friday, June 27, 2008

QQ Tips

I went to the golfing range two days ago and I realize that golfing isn't as easy as it was for me last year. I don't know why but I ended up re-learning all the basics from how to hold the club properly to where to stand. And now that I'm back I think I will just add a little something on how to improve your skills at the driving range:

It is essential that you find the perfect distance between you and the ball on the tee. This "sweetspot" may feel unnatural but you will find yourself hitting the ball alot more when you are standing at this ideal distance from the ball.

Yeah, I'm pretty nooby so this might not work for you. It's just that at the beginning, when I just stood at a distance that felt comfortable, I would keep missing the ball. Then I kept experimenting from that spot forwards and backwards until I found the place where I was able to hit the ball easiest. For me, this spot was slightly in front of the spot where I felt the most natural, the most comfortable. So in my case, it actually felt a bit weird from where I was standing, but I hit lots of balls from that spot. So just experiment a bit untill you've found that perfect distance. If you ask some golf pro, he'll probably cite some complex method or formula factoring in height and club length for this magic distance, but you could always just use trial and error, hehe.

I also went to play softball yesterday. It turns out I can throw and hit fine, but I need to work on my catching. Especially because the captains somehow decided that I would make a good outfielder.

kamster

0 comments: