Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Weird Pets

Wow. I believe that since the dawn of man, people have been fascinated with animals of all types, shapes and sizes for commercial, entertainment of industrial uses. However many of us see certain animals as more than just animals, we see them as pets. Cats, dogs, canaries and guppies are all common pets that people love to take care of. But have you ever heard of people having piranhas as pets??? I had never heard of that either. I always thought that it might be illegal to have ravenous, flesh-devouring fish as companions. However after looking up youtube videos the other day, I realize that many people do indeed have piranhas as pets, and furthermore take delight in feeding them live animals! Some might see this as cruel or inhumane to those poor mice but everybody's gotta eat right? Here is the link to a video with piranhas. But be cautioned; don't watch it if you have a weak stomach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McjCFRnjMNo

After watching this, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want piranhas as pets. What if one night I was sleepwalking and I accidently stuck my hand in the tank? That wouldn't be pretty would it?

kamster

2 comments:

kkgh said...

I bet mom would fry them for dinner :)

kkgh said...

That video is gross :(