Thursday, November 29, 2007

Drinking Cheap Red Wine

UGH! The frustration.

My delegate application was rejected. I was so sad. But I shouldn't really fret too much because in the end, it was myself who decided not to go to UMA. Stupid me. Although, there were other people who didn't go either and made it. And she herself said that my application was good! Hers was obviously better ("The written part doesn't count, its all about how good you speak", ok yeah right bs). But let's not be bitter eh? Hopefully... (ugh) next year I'll get in. Geez I really don't have that many years left do I?

Hmm. I've had piles of work lately... not to mention all my stupid extracurriculars. Sometimes I really wonder how everyone else manages. I mean, I'm not even doing a sport this year and I still find myself waking up at 5:30 at least 3 or 4 times each week. Is this normal? But when I look past the sleepy GO train rides and grumpy wake-ups, I feel proud of everything I have undertaken this year. A true departure from myself of past years.

Speaking of which, my twig people photos are due at the end of the month... (isn't that tomorrow??) and so are my French pieces, which I haven't even started on (this is like déja vu from October too). I'd best learn not to procrastinate. Oddly, in F2 and M3 I would always scorn procrastinators ("Dude its not that hard to do it; just start on the day its assigned!") but now I find myself leaving it all last minute. I even sent my delegate application 5 minutes before the deadline. Let's hope I can manage my time better.

Cafe Blanc auditions today... Apparently, we did good (according to my fellow instrumentalists) but I really couldn't hear Alice or myself so... I dunno. But compared to that other guy playing some classical piano piece, I think we have a decent chance of getting in. All that practicing and stressing must have paid of after all.

Getting my snowboard this weekend, hopefully. It's under $200 and looks decent... Sort of like David's except it's beige, not black. Too bad I can't find it on the net (it's a late model). Hope they can give me a discount =P.

kamster

3 comments:

kkgh said...

1. "The written part doesn't count, its all about how good you speak" - it probably also matters whether or not you use proper grammar...
2. What kind of board are you getting?!/Are you guys still going to the States after Cuba?
3. The procrastination thing.... let me tell you, it definitely pays off when you begin your work earlier! Trust!
4. HOME IN A WEEK AND A BITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

kamster said...

1. haha i know what u mean. but when i do official stuff... i obv dont write the same way
2. its a k2 05 model its soooo cheap what a good deal
its like... k2 access from 05 so it was only like 180 bucks before tax
3. ugh i haent uploaded my twig pics yet. im too damn lazy

o yah we are going to the states ... for some lake eerie pwnage
im getting a burton jacket too prolly.... but dont worry im prolly gunna pay most of it myself (im buying my boardmsyelf too)

kkgh said...

WHAT.
YOU'RE BUYING A BURTON JACKET AND A K2 BOARD!??!?!?!?!
SINCE WHEN WERE YOU SUCHHH A BALLER

Please donate some of that to me/buy ME a Burton jacket for Christmas.

I think you owe it to me since I'm taking you to buy your board (yes, Dad already suckered me into doing that.) Oh, I might not be home next weekend after all because I'm trying to move my second exam up so I can come home for good instead of coming back to Kingston on the 20th to write it. Cross your fingers and toes for meeee!

See you SOOOOOON!