Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Music [ To the Ears ]

Ahhh the world of mp3 players. I'm pretty sure there are mp4 players now too?

Anyways, lets talk sound bytes. My only mp3-playing device (which of course plays alot of other file formats also) is an old model (I can't even find it on the net anymore) at least 5 or some odd generations back. It has 256 megabytes of memory (which is tiny compared to what the mp3s of today can hold) and fits in the palm of my hand. It is circular, and is black ringed with orange. I originally got another silver mp3 around four years ago from Sony as well, but it broke. So I used the warranty to get myself another one. This one was only marginally better, and still had the same dismal amount of storage space. But for someone like me, 256 megabytes is sometimes enough. Why? Because I find keeping my library updated too time-consuming. And using limewire makes me feel bad. So, I stuck with this 256 megabyte player, and it has suited me fine so far.

But if you're a serious audiophile, I'd suggest something that has more memory and more features. For example, Sony's current model of mp3 player holds 8 times as many songs as mine does and costs 1/3 as much as mine did. Oh well. Just buy an 8 gigabyte iPod nano because they are just too cool.

Yeah I woke up early today.

kamster

2 comments:

kkgh said...

Yo I heard you made mom mad the other day! Tsk tsk. Please be good! It is snowing in Kingston. Miss you

kamster said...

uhm yeah its snowing here too... some of my buddies have already gone to horseshoe. im think im getting my board this weekend =)