Sunday, October 5, 2008

Blue October

Heyyyyy it's October! You know out of the four seasons the ones I like best are probably winter and fall. Fall because it is simply so boo-ti-ful outside, with the leaves changing colors and drifting to the ground, the leaf piles you can make and jump in and and Canadian geese beginning their annual migration south. I just like this time of year when you can go outside and smell the wind, where it's not too cold to make you shiver but cold enough to make you want to grab a nice warm mug of hot chocolate and watch the birds fly by. It's also time to put away all your summer clothing and bust out your winter garments in the form of warm sweaters, hoodies, jackets and cozy mittens.

As the weather gets colder, there are some things that I'm definitely looking forward to:

  • First Snow! A while back I joined a FaceBook group called "When I was a kid, Christmas had snow.", or something like that (I believe I'm still in it, actually). At that time I think I was just jumping on the bandwagon of global warming, and adding myself to the ranks of those missing the snow and the Canadian winter. In recent years however (last winter?) the weather has indeed been getting chillier and more ferocious, so I'm not too worried about there not being fistfuls of the white powdery stuff to throw around. Still, it is a thrill to catch that first snowflake of the season. And with snow comes...
  • Winter Jackets! Yeah... Don't really know why I'm excited for that. It must be that when I wear just a tee, I feel horribly underdressed, even during the summer! That's why I love to layer up, and the last layer of the year to appear is the thick, furry, down jacket. Mine's got none of that but I love it all the same, hehe.
  • Snowboarding! I don't really do that much sports, but the few I do, I love. Snowboarding is one of these sports (Hmm I really sound like a dork. Time to improve my writing skills x_x). I picked up snowboarding after my sister I think four or five years ago after I realized that I wasn't going to get any better at skiing, and I haven't looked back since. Nothing really beats the thrill of "carving" some fresh powder and "catching" some "big air"... snowboarding lingo >.<>
  • Winter Break! I kind of wasted my summer holiday, and I am definitely looking forward to a good two or three weeks off from classes this winter. Gives me time to make a little money or maybe catch up on riding.
  • Hot Chocolate! You're a freak if you don't love the steaming dark cocoa.
  • Vacationing? Don't know yet. Hopefully we'll go somewhere with lots of snow (WHISTLER-BLACKCOMB! O YEAH!) or somewhere with lot's of sun, surf and sand (CUBA SI!). I really like Cuba actually, it doesn't feel communist one bit, especially at the resorts although that's another story T_T.

I also need to keep up my grades. To get into a good university and all. Duh.

kamster

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i meant to ask "what do you want for your birthday" on this post but i accidentally clicked some random post from august :S
lol

kamster said...

Lol hahaaaaaa my blog is a piece of crap lol I just noticed. I'm really nervous about DECA.

Anonymous said...

lol i hope we both get it but i doubt i will ):
cant wait to see your haircut lol

kamster said...

My haircut is bullshit. Actually, it looks kinda cool but there's no way I will be able to gel it as nice as the stylist did... lol but I look korean right now. KOREAN PPL FtW!

Anonymous said...

i'm bored. msn?

kkgh said...

1. You are wayyyyy to concerned about your hair. CHIIIIILLLLL
2. I thought you didn't believe in global warming? (Remember that nice convo you had with Dad about that?) ... What happened?
3. I love fall too! Except when you don't have money to turn on the heat in your house - see my blog, haha