Thursday, November 20, 2008

Monopoly: Real Edition

I get this feeling that Google is taking over the world. Since their humble start on September 4th of 1998, Google has grown steadily from being a little-known search engine into a world-renowned superpower of sorts, with the Letters "GOOGLE" adorning people's homepages around the world.

We mostly know Google for their search engine stuff but we all know they have expanded beyond that, now venturing deep into the fields of web-hosted mail systems, video services (having taken over YouTube a little while back, I think) and computer software, too (Chrome browser, which I haven't gotten around to downloading yet, although I do think it will be somewhat like Firefox, which Google has practically developed too). What most people don't know is that Google makes most of its revenue not from any of these video, web search or software enterprises directly. It actually makes 99% of its revenue through advertising. Don't you find those stupid google ads annoying? I mean you find them everywhere, and although they are apparently targeted to the readers of the sites that they are placed on, I never find myself clicking on them anyhow. Good thing blogger (WHICH IS OWNED BY GOOGLE =000, I think. At least, I can log into Blogger with my GMail address) doesn't have any ads, unlike Xanga or whatever.

I hope one day I can be SUPER SUCCESS and run a world-dominating company like Google worth like thirty billion or whatever.

But for now I gotta concetrate on keeping my grades up... I really am not enjoying chemistry at all.

kamster

1 comments:

kkgh said...

I think Google is taking over the world too. And we're (I'm) helping it :( Have you seen the new GMAIL themes? They're amazing. Mine is set on the Ninja one. I also recently started using iGoogle...