Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Michenne is a nice name

You know those Tim Hortons commercials about their coffee always being fresh? Turns out their claims are true! On my last visit to Tim Hortons I made a note to myself to sneak a peak at one of their big coffee mugs, and it did actually have a time written on it; even in the same white marker as the commercial! I was actually kind of surprised because I'm sure all of you can relate to me when I say that things are never as nice as they seem to be in commercials; the portions are always smaller, the layout isn't quite so nice, and the employees aren't quite so friendly. But here at least, in this little Tim Hortons in Toronto, I can assure myself that the double doubles I buy (rarely) are fresh.

With this, I must also put in my bit about Tim Hortons more expensive - and may I dare, pretentious - rivals. Starbucks and Second Cup also have coffee, but they market their brands as somewhat more elite, or just a cut above Tim Hortons. This is why everything you can purchase at a Starbucks or Second Cup is like, three dollars or more. Personally, I take a disliking to those who make it a point to stay as close to a Starbucks as possible and who swear never to buy from Timmies. Honestly, I can't find any difference in taste of coffee between these two brands, and even if I could, I'm sure I would stick with Timmies lower prices any day. The taste of the coffee isn't such a big deal, either. Isn't coffee just supposed to keep you awake?

kamster

0 comments: