Friday, January 9, 2009

Superstitions

I may be religious, but I'm not particularly superstitious. I don't really believe in ghosts, apparitions, beyond-the-grave encounters or other paranormal activity. However, I do believe karma exists and manifests itself in people's lives all the time. You know the old saying "What comes around goes around?" I strongly believe that to be true.


I sometimes find myself holding grudges against others for what they've done, how they've acted towards me or how they seem to be getting all of life's oranges while all I get is lemons. In times like this, I really lean back on karma. When people put up a false front to impress, I secretly hope (hehe) and sometimes convince myself that they will be the ones fooled next time. 

Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. Or perhaps there's just a lot more going on than I really understand. Nevertheless, one of my New Year's resolutions is to be more tolerant and hold less grudges, so I will try hard not to remember people's misgivings and be more aware of my own.

I need to be less loud, also. I find that is a problem that is a bit harder to remedy x_x

kamster

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:13