Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Shoot For The Moon... Even If You Miss, You'll Land Among The Stars

I just got my yellow star on eBay; I'm so happy! Basically "reputation stars" sort of represent how good of a buyer/seller you are. Ideally for each transaction you complete the person you sold an item to or bought an item from will leave you feedback, either positive, negative or neutral. Each positive feedback raises your feedback score by one, and when you get to ten, you get a yellow star! I know this is really lame :P but I believe I'll be using eBay more and more in the future, maybe when I start piling up junk that I need to get rid of. From what I've seen, there are certainly many people who make their livings off eBay. Apparently, if you earn more than ten thousand dollars a month off eBay, you qualify for some of the benefits you might categorize with a regular nine-to-five job, such as dental, health insurance and other benefits, although I haven't really checked to verify if this is true.

However, there are people who sell a CRAPload of stuff each month. For example, some people I buy from are green or silver shooting stars... that's from five thousand to one million items sold! Holy crap.

For now though I'm content to purchase items on eBay and have no inclination to start selling; I don't really want to deal with the shipping details and the costs to list an item with eBay just yet.

Cheers

Kamster

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i think topher's dad has one of those green stars. he is hardcore ebay-er

kamster said...

O dang
that's where he gets all his aftermarket computer goods, ill bet