Saturday, September 6, 2008

September Blues

Classes have started up again everywhere. In elementary, middle and high schools, students are returning to classrooms as they exchange manhunt in the park for laps around the field, Breaking Dawn for Science Power 10, and Warcraft III for MathCircus 4. The annual return to classes is definitely a hectic time of year, perfect for advertisers looking to make an extra money. Indeed, I've noticed some out of the ordinary back-to-school ads this season, such as:

"It's back to school for the kids, so stock up on Canadian Cheese!"

... -.-"

It just reminds me that today's world truly has become so commercialized, so money-driven and that the concept of materialism is the driving force behind many a corporation's PR team. The best thing we can do is... to not shop when you're hungry.

But now that school is back in session, we do have to do some back to school shopping. For university students and some fortunate highschoolers, a brand-spanking new laptop will be in order, and for the rest of us, binders, textbooks, notebooks, lined paper, rules, graphing calculators ($129.99? WTF?), protractors... the list goes on. For me I have to get my own textbooks, many of which aren't cheap. But it's the cost of an education here in Canada, I guess.

Anyways I'm hoping to get back to my pre-summer blogging schedule (Wow I am such a lamer) as soon as I can, although this year I'm going to have to really buckle down. If I don't succeed massively this year, my dreams of a UBC education are spiraling down the drain. I'm sure lots of you guys can attest to that as well ;D

kamster

2 comments:

kkgh said...

"Don't shop when you're hungry"... LOL :(

kamster said...

...fatty
huah huah huah

go buy some ice cream and eat
by urself
in ur room

heeeee