Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy Belated...

CHRISTMAS (wow that took a long time to write switching colors => LOL! =D)
Well Christmas is once again come and gone and I hope we are all much happier because of it. For me, this christmas season has been well spent with my family and cousins from far-away Singapore, chillin with friends, riding to my sore body's content and just taking in the sights of exotic Chicago. I also got to visit my good friend who I have not seen since he moved last year. All's well I suppose, and I am quite satisfied with the relationships enjoyed and (relatively) cheap consumer goods purchased this year. I've also noted a few things:

  • Hotwire is a relatively hassle-free way of booking hotels that can often give good discounts
  • I love movies! I really enjoyed watching I Am Legend, Eagle Eye and The Dark Knight (for the ???th time) this past week.
  • I love webcams! Err........ yeah!
  • I think I have a pinched nerve... whenever I walk I feel this weird pain in my right leg, sort of like a piercing stabbing pain, so not something I would associate with a bruised kneecap or something. Anyone ever had this before? I can walk properly if I don't twist my leg when I take a step... other than that, ow.
  • Chicago is way bigger than T.O.
  • Minivans are cool again! We rented a recent-year Grand Caravan for our road trip and it turned out to be large enough for a group of seven, all adults over five feet tall. I think. Stow and Go storage is great too.
  • Although shopping for last-minute deals in the states are fun, they aren't as cheap as they once were - a loonie is only worth seventy cents in the U.S. ='(
  • A book called Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki has had me completely engrossed these past two days. I've only just picked it up and already I am excited. Apparently this book on developing your "financial freedome" has been on the New York Times best-sellers list for six years, and I've only just heard of it *slaps forehead*. I need to get cracking!
  • Some other stuff I can't remember.

Anyways, Happy Holidays to everyone out there and enjoy the rest of the Winter Break (if you have one 8D)!

kamster

0 comments: