Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ski Heaven

The Peak to Peak Gondola at Whistler-Blackcomb is opening soon! I sort of want to say I'm excited (and then launch into a long rant about all it's features and stuff for the sake of blogging), but I shan't as I know I probably won't get a chance to experience the thrill of being suspended 400 metres above the frozen ground in the middle of Winter. I can say though that this new express gondola will be one that makes history, as it breaks two records, I think one for longest unsupported lift length in the world, and also the highest lift of it's kind as well.

Sort of reminds me of the express at Tremblant, which is really cool too. One time after a long day of riding, I went up a last time with my pop and my friend, but when I reached the 900 metre high peak after ten minutes of sitting in frosty silence, I realized I didn't have it in me to even begin the half-hour long (Yes I was and still am quite a n00b) descent. So I rode back down, alone with my thoughts of a hot cup of cider warming my hands at the chalet. And so it was a frosty Christmas season =D

kamster

1 comments:

kkgh said...

hehe :P Good times shall happen again this Christmas!