Friday, February 22, 2008

Connecting Through Blue


One thing I've realized after getting my new phone (A Samsung SGH D807) is that the wireless connectivity network for phones and other similar devices called "Bluetooth" is extremely useful. My old phone (a really crappy basic Samsung with no camera, no mp3 player and no games) was really bad and didn't have this feature... and there wouldn't be any good reason to have it, I guess just because it wasn't an mp3 player. However, my new phone is an mp3 player also, and this makes having Bluetooth extremely useful. Basically, Bluetooth allows you to connect to other Bluetooth-enabled phones. Some phones only allow connecting to handsfree devices (for driving and those funky things people wear on their ears... which are really ugly) but some phones allow the transfer of files, such as .mp3 files (songs), games, videos and pictures,

With my new 1-gig MicroSD card (my goodness are they getting smaller everyday... its honestly like.... 1 centimetre squared... no smaller), I've been able to Bluetooth like... ten songs so far from Nick's phone, and its really great! Now I don't need to worry about stupid cables connecting your phone to the computer or stupid blocks on your computer not allowing you to transfer songs and such. Technology really is a great thing. I only wish my phone had IR (infared, another transfer method)... its much master than Bluetooth. So if you're getting a phone, make sure its Bluetooth enabled if you intend on using handsfree devices or getting music.

kamster


0 comments: