Friday, February 8, 2008

Old-Fashioned Values

It seems nowadays, no one values the good guy anymore. They want the bad guy, the guy that drinks, that smokes, that lies and cheats. No one appreciates the guy that internally, secretly, quietly remembers, internalizes what he knows hes gotta do. Even while all along, on the outside, flawlessly without cracks in his armor, he displays and front face, a false wall to the world. I know a few people like that, people that I used to think were just... hopeless, totally alienated. I was wrong about that. They were up there all along, just coasting by while the rest of us, most of us were really just wallowing in the mud.

Now I know what I should do. Look past what others say, and just focus on making sure you don't stray off the path. There will always be people that lie about you, talk about you and "poison the well". Sounds cheesy but... it really screw you up, hehe. Sometimes theres really nothing you can do about people like that, and the only thing you can do is to simply know, just to realize and keep it within you, that you're doing the right thing. And knowing this gives me something, however small and feeble, but something to hold on to.

Keep your head and spirits high, look up and forward, never down. Never point your reticle below the horizon, or you'll soon find yourself in a free fall that you'll be unable to pull out of. Right now, I'm tempted. "If they only knew." And I'm not going to look back in 10 years and say "They were right all along. I should've just listened to them." Hell no. Because they were wrong. They were wrong all along, and today, I'm going to be bigger than that.

kamster

0 comments: