Friday, February 15, 2008

Heirloom Silver

Old things are often way better than new flashy toys and stuff. Same goes for music. K-OS' song "Man I used to be" is now a couple of years old, and I simply cannot get over listening to it. I could probably listen to it about a dozen times in a row without getting bored of it. I really love his lyrics, style, mix of rap and song and mostly AMAZING use of falsetto. Ok, so I'm not a singer but that falsetto is just great. I even spent half an hour earlier today searching the web trying to find out how he does that, but I came up empty. Anyways, if you don't know, he sings:

"I tried it,
I couldn't fight it
I just wanna get back to me,
Aw baby,
Hoo Hoo!
back into the man I used to be..."

Hehe, that sounds pretty funny but it's really good if you haven't heard the song yet (0_o) then go listen to it and you'll know what I mean. Yibo can do it pretty darn good. Everytime I hear him sing that "Hoo hoo", I slap my forehead in disbelief and tell him to cut a demo. He of course refuses. Anyways, I'm going to keep practicing that except right now my throat is still raspy from retreat last week... And if you find anything on K-OS' falsetto, be sure to tell me =D. Maybe I'll post a clip of me singing when my voice improves. Or not.

kamster

p.s I also love his gliding and airwalk - it is amazing.
p.p.s I just realized that there are blood stains all over the floor of my computer room. How disgusting o_0

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've never heard you sing before
please post a clip of you singing LOL

btw i made a blog today. i'm almost done my first post tehe

kamster said...

hehe, lol how bout NO. I mean, I love the song but no.

anyways yeah i checked out your blog. its nice