Saturday, March 15, 2008

Snow White and the Seven Rails

I hit the slopes at MSL-M yesterday for the first time in years... I haven't been there and years and boy, has it changed. I'm pretty sure they remodeled all the slopes, added in some new ones and bulldozes some old ones. As well... I don't remember there ever being 2 slopes... But perhaps thats just me. Anyways, Mount St. Louis Moonstone is apparently bigger and better with more slopes to choose from.

So what did we do the whole day? We hit the terrain park, of course. At MSL-M, there are two terrain parks. One that's full of huge jumps (labeled XL =() and another thats got a few medium sized ones and some boxes and rails (labeled S and M =D). Jon and I, being huge noobs, headed for the latter terrain park, which turned out to be pretty great. We stayed at the park for pretty much the whole day (which ended at 4:30. What a rip-off). It was ok... I just wish we were better. Then we could run around looking like those pros with their infallible sense of fashion, doing crazy inverted aerials even when they're not supposed to (on that note, MSL-M has some nice gladeboarding... but don't get caught). I should have taken leassons with Jon, but I guess I was just too busy.

Yesterday however, the weather was terrible. But it wasn't cold. Nooo way. It was instead way too warm. The temperature was, for the greater part of the day hovering around 5 degrees celsius. And we all know what that means; wet snow. Whenever me or Jon sat down, we'd get up a minute later to find a pool of water underneath us. As well, all the slopes were disgustingly sticky, so it was hard to get any real speed going, even on a slope. Later on in the day though, it cooled down and the snow started to take on my preferred consistency; crisp and hard. Although this meant that falls would hurt alot more (in the morning my knees would leave 4-inch indents in the snow where I fell... is that normal?), it also meant I wouldn't have to unstrap and push myself the last 50 metres to the lift after every run at the park.

Whatever, yesterday was just plain fun. I realize that I haven't been doing enough exercise lately, and all that sweating I believe, did me some good. I still need to get better though... after 4 years of riding I'm not as good as I should be, methinks. Maybe I'll go again next week?

kamster

2 comments:

Erika Blah said...

hello, ryan!
i'm such a stalker..
i found your blog off your comment on alan's blog entry..:P
it's me, erika btw :P

kamster said...

Uh huh, when are you going to get a blog? :P