Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Absence

Ok recently I have been having a love affair. And you see, I'm really not that much of a romantic guy. Smoothly seductive words don't flow from my lips and I'm not always guaranteed a date for friday nights either. But you see, this time, my lover has been sending me vibes, positive vibes, vibes that are screaming "I want you to take our relationship to the next level."

And so, you must know that I have fallen in love with the acoustic guitar. O, the acoustic guitar. What a beautiful creation. The way it's six strings work together to create tunes and melodies in ways that no violin or piano ever could. Plus, all good bands have acoustic guitars. Actually, electrics are much more versatile, it's just that I don't own one at the moment. Lately I've learned how to play:

  • Qing Tian (Clean Sky) by Jay Chou
  • Tongue Tied by Faber Drive
  • and Puff, the Magic Dragon by Peter, Paul and Mary (originally written by Leonard Lipton and Peter Yarrow)

Of course, I'm not really that good... especially if I never learn to use power-chords or learn to sweep pick, like all those crazy pros on YouTube. Speaking of YouTube, here's another video from the magical realm of online videos. Featured in it is my good buddy Jipooki playing some Crooked X.





If you like it, feel free to subscribe to Jipooki's videos. In fact, he should be uploading some more videos very soon. At least that's what he told me (he's already made like... 15 original compositions).

kamster

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sup, thanks for posting my vid up ryan... if anyones interested in a guitarist for a band or something.. look me up.

hopefully ill have time to post up some videos with some harder songs

(nightmare was too easy to learn)