Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Jump the (smoking) gun

I'm not going to lie. I wasn't too tired to post about Washington, I was just too damn lazy. Right after I got back I was so tired and stuff and I went straight to get some ZZZ, promising myself that I would blog after I woke up. I guess I was just being to stupid.

But yeah, Washington DC was a SICK trip. We did so much crazy stuff, visited some sick places and did some fun stuff. We toured lots of famous places like the Vietnam memorial, Korean war memorial, Washington monument, Lincoln Memorial and Jefferson Memorial, just to name a few, although there were lots of other places we visited that I can't be bothered to remember and type out right now. We did do lots of other fun stuff too though, hehe. We toured some of Washington's lesser known districts like Alexandria (old Washington) and Georgetown where we did some shopping (although I didn't buy anything, STUPID ME!) and got some nice food as well. We also went on a three hour boat cruise on the Potomac, which was a nice touch on the last night in the hotel =(.

There wasn't too much work we had to do (thankfully) and as a result, a lot of bonding occurred between unlikely people... yeah. Although I am sorta annoyed that we didn't have too much time to chill in the hotels... if you get my drift ;).

Also you can probably tell that I'm being super lazy in writing this... although there is one thing that I can say for sure. I won't run around saying "America is a piece of sh*t" anymore. Yeah, after being in the capital of the US for 4 days, I realize that America and perhaps Americans as well have a sense of... how do I say this. Triumph? Maybe, or maybe it's just that they know how to commemorate their founding fathers and others who have influenced their long history. We don't have nearly as many monuments as they do ><.

That's not to say Americans don't piss me off. They do.

kamster

0 comments: