Tuesday, April 1, 2008

goo goo ga ga hee hee ha ha

Wow. I must be more gullible than I thought.

Most of you may have realized that today there is a new link on the Google frontpage. It says "A Cool World: Enjoy a rosier future as a Virgle Pioneer." When you click on the link, you are brought to a page in Google that is titled "The Adventure of Many Lifetimes". Splashed across this page is a picture of what looks like a colony in a desert.Do a little bit of reading on this page and you realize that Google has teamed up with Virgin Mobile (???) to create the first human colony on Mars. In fact, Google is inviting anyone interested in being among the first colonists to apply on the site. When you go to apply, you are asked to fill out a questionnare of 15 questions to determine your suitability for the Mars mission. After that, they want you to submit a 30 second video of why you want to be a Virgle pioneer. I got through all of the questions (some of which are quite strange, DUH) and was about to click on the "submit video" button when I realized what day it is today.

I just had to slap my forehead and kill about a million brain cells right there.

kamster

3 comments:

Erika Blah said...

LMAO.
even i realized it...:P
google does an april fool's joke every year, don't you know?

alan said...

That is really funny. I use google's portal, so I never got the joke. Though, now that I've seen it... I probably would have missed it entirely. That joke was aimed at people like you, surfing for content to blog about! :)

kamster said...

I wasn't surfing for stuff to blog about ><. I wasn't even planning to blog yesterday but when I come across something that sticks in my mind I think "hmm I should write about that". And google is such a big thing anyways so I just had to say something about their prank. I don't remember their jokes from previous years though..