Sunday, February 15, 2009

Oh Boy...

Has anyone heard of this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1144244/Teenage-sister-boy-father-13-baby-age.html

When I read this I was absolutely astonished. I mean, I've long heard and regarded Britain's social decline of years past, but this is really something. A twelve year old father? You know something is wrong when a kid doesn't know the meaning of the question "What are you going to do financially?"

I don't think this kid is particularly "bad", per se, but more like misinformed and ignorant of the social standards and acceptable behavious in his community. To most of us this may seem to be some sort of abomination, a sign that society has degraded so far as to behold the new fatherhood of twelve year old boy. However, it's safe to say this is an unusual occurence, an anomaly, an example of someone who has fallen through society's moral safety net. In this case, I believe the parents should be blamed for not making clear to the child that having unprotected sex with someone at the age of twelve is, well... wrong!

Best wishes to the (very) young couple and I just hope that the judicial system will find a fair and beneficial solution to this unseemly situation.

Cheers!

Kamster

0 comments: